Speaking Club classes are group lessons for the students of AllRight.com where they can have additional speaking practice up to 4 times a week.
For teachers Speaking Club is an additional way to get paid lessons, which is especially great for new teachers who don’t have enough paid classes yet.
*click for quick access
- Why is it great to teach Speaking Club classes?
- Who to contact?
- How to teach Speaking Club classes?
- How to use Zoom (instructions)
- Super offer! Learn how to teach Minecraft speaking clubs!!!
- self-advertisement: when students meet you at Speaking Club classes they may «fall in love» with you and want to have regular 1-on-1 classes with you as well;
- paid classes and additional earning: a new teacher usually experiences troubles during his first weeks having lots of trial classes, so Speaking Club is a good way to earn more even during your first weeks;
- prepare 1 lesson plan — teach many lessons: teachers prepare their own lessons for Speaking Clubs, but the good thing is that you can teach one and the same topic throughout the whole week: e.g. your topic is «Weather» so you can teach 5-6 classes on this same topic to different groups during the week;
- diverse experience: some teachers like teaching small groups and upgrading their teaching skills this way;
Payment: according to the teacher’s payment rate for regular classes (same price as for 1-on-1 classes); the size of payment depends on the lesson duration (30 or 60 min, see the table below)
Age: the teacher chooses the age group he wants to work with (younger groups are more popular) — see the table below.
Level: students are divided into groups not according to their level but according to their age (at this point our system allows us to do only this way). Yet, there is some general understanding that the older the group is, the higher its level is — see the table below.
|Age||Group size||Class duration||Recommended level|
|4-6 y.o.||6 students or less||30 min||Charlie Preschool, Charlie Starter 1 (complete beginner)|
|6-9 y.o.||7 students or less||60 min||Charlie Starter 1, Charlie Starter 2 (beginner)|
|10-12 y.o.||7 students or less||60 min||Charlie Mover 1, Charlie Mover 2 (elementary)|
|13-16 y.o.||8 students or less||60 min||Charlie Flyer 1, Charlie Flyer 2 (pre-intermediate)|
Day: Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
Time: the administrator will choose a green slot in your schedule
Topic: the teacher chooses the topic and prepares the lesson himself; try to choose interesting topics (superheroes, fairytales, lego, minecraft — they are superpopular) or invent a nice topic yourself
Important: you need to make a list of 4-5 topics for a month in advance and tell it to the administrator of Speaking Clubs on Monday; the lessons are planned in your schedule from Wednesday to Wednesday (for 1 week every time), but it would be better if you give the administrator several topics in advance so that she can plan a little bit ahead.
Contact the Speaking Club administrator in Skype to organize a Speaking Club class
- name: Speaking Clubs от Allright.com
- login: live:help_3813
Aim of class: to practice students’ vocabulary and engage everyone to speak more; no writing activities; minimum or no reading — focus on speaking.
Lesson plan example: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1jjZ00txEnMRV0_NMAazxj4e9GbbHwcqE
- start the lesson with getting acquainted with the students by asking about their names, age, mood, weather, day etc.
- engage all the students into speaking
- if the student is unwilling to speak in group and isn’t active, talk to this student personally, ask him questions — don’t let him sit in silence
- you can use a presentation during your class, if you wish; some teachers use screensharing a lot, some don’t at all
- the lesson takes place via Zoom group conference;
- the information about your lesson will appear in your Dashboard (click on the lesson in your schedule for details):
- to join the class from your dashboard you can either copy the link from the class details or click «open lesson» above in your dashboard when in starts:
- the administrator might be present at the lesson to control the number of students (not always);
- in case of troubles you can contact the administrator in skype — see the contacts above;
At the moment we launched a superpopular project of Minecraft Speaking Clubs. The project is growing fast and if you join now, you will be able to get regular groups of students for the 5-lesson-course of Minecraft.