After completing the course Kid’s Box 1, the student will achieve the following results:
- 🤝Communicative functions
- Greetings and farewells.
- Introduce yourself and your classmates.
- Ask basic information about a person: name and age.
- Talk and ask about where things are and describe them.
- Describing an animals’ characteristics and features.
- Describe and ask about another person’s physical features.
- Talk and ask about what you are wearing and what other people are wearing.
- Talk and ask about possession.
- Talk and ask about another person’s skills.
- Talk and ask about what other people are doing at the moment.
- Talk and ask about tastes for food.
- The student is able to recite or sing a very simple song with correct pronunciation and intonation.
- The student is able to answer the questions orally using simple vocabulary and structures.
- The student is able to describe an object or a person using simple structures and according to some given example. (3-4 sentences)
- The student is able to join a short everyday talk on the given topics: meeting a new friend, toys, school, family, animals, food
- The student is able to recognize the teacher’s commands and react to them.
- The student is able to understand a story based on familiar vocabulary and constructions and accompanied by visual aids
- The student is able to recognize separate letters and previously learnt words.
- The student is able to read simple sentences based on familiar vocabulary and structures.
- The student is able to reproduce separate letters and previously learnt words.
- The student is able to copy words and simple structures from the example.
Grammar is introduced by structures, not grammar rules.
- It is… It isn’t… Is it…? — Yes, it is. No, it isn’t.
- They are… They aren’t… Are they…? — Yes, they are. No, they aren’t.
- I have got… I haven’t got… Have you got…? — Yes, I have. No, I haven’t.
- He/She has got… He hasn’t got… Has he got…? — Yes, he has. No, he hasn’t.
- I can… I can’t… Can you…? — Yes, I can. / No, I can’t.
- Where is? — It’s on/in/under…
- What are you doing? — I’m…ing.
- What’s he/she doing? — He’s / She’s…ing.
- I like… I don’t like… Do you like…?
- Introducing yourself
- Numbers 1-10
- Primary and secondary colours
- School things and classroom actions
- Family members
- Toys and games
- Pets and wild animals
- Body parts
- Descriptive adjectives
- Action verbs
- Rooms in the house and furniture
- initial /s/ with the letter s
- initial /p/ with the letter p
- initial /b/ with the letter b
- /t/ with the letter t
- initial /d/ with the letter d
- /æ/ with the letter a
- /e/ with the letter e
- Initial consonant groups /gr/, /br/ and /fr/
- /i/ with the letter i
- /ɒ/ with the letter o
- /l/ with the letter i
- /ʌ/ with the letter u
- /h/ with the letter h
- /ai/ with the letters i, e, y
- Maths: adding
- Art: mixing colours, fruit in paintings
- Science: senses
- Geography: habitats
- Sports: things for sports
- Making friends
- Being kind and polite
- Looking after pets
- Loving nature
- Working in teams
- Keeping clean