After completing the course Kid’s Box 5, the student will achieve the following results:
- 🤝Communicative functions
- Exchange personal information.
- Talk about daily routines.
- Talk about tastes and preferences.
- Ask and tell the time.
- Talk about plans and intentions for the future.
- Understand and give instructions about getting around the city.
- Talk about things that happened in the past.
- Describe objects depending on the materials they are made with.
- Understand and say dates.
- Talk about sensations and the senses.
- Give and take advice.
- Talk about personal experiences from the past, recent events and completed actions which are relevant in the present.
- Suggest and propose actions.
- The student is able to recite poems or sing a song with correct pronunciation and intonation.
- The student is able to describe an object or a person using familiar structures. (9-10 sentences)
- The student is able to take part in spoken interaction spontaneously.
- The student is able to understand a story based on familiar vocabulary and constructions and accompanied by visual aids. The story may contain some unknown words.
- The student is able to guess the meaning of some unknown words from the context.
- The student is able to read a text based on familiar vocabulary and structures, including some unknown words.
- The student is able to deduce information from diverse texts about subjects of interest.
- The student is able to identify relevant information on written posters and simple maps.
- Reproduce simple texts using previously presented models.
- Fill in forms or cards with personal information and data.
- Write short letters, e-mails or postcards with personal information and information about your immediate surroundings.
- Like / love + ing / nouns
- ’d like + inﬁnitive
- Short questions and answers in Present Simple
- Telling the time: What time is it? It’s quarter past one
- going to (plans, intentions and predictions)
- giving directions around the town
- prepositions of place
- Past Simple
- Past Continuous
- made of / made from / come from.
- (feel, taste, smell, look, sound) + like
- should / shouldn’t
- Present Perfect
- Modal verbs: can, must, should
- School subjects
- Places in a city and addresses
- Natural disasters and verbs connected with them
- Types of materials
- Cooking food
- Senses and sensations
- The environment
- The seasons
- /dʒ/ and /tʃ/ in conjunction with the letters j and ch
- schwa /ə/ in conjunction with the letters –er and –or
- /ŋ/, /m/ and /n/
- Words which include ‘ie’ and ‘ei’
- /s/ and /ʃ/ in conjunction with various letters
- Weak and strong syllables
- /Ʌ/ and /æ/
- Words with double ‘l’
- Rhyming words
- /z/ and /s/ in conjunction with the letters c and s
- Verbs in the past ending in –ght
- Spoken emphasis in words: the weak form of and
- Rhythm in sentences
- Words which end in –gh
- Geography: volcanoes
- History: ancient cities
- Science: teeth, plastic, optical illusions, extinct animals and fossils
- Technology: making cartoons
- Sport: Olympic Games and Paralympics
- Value the importance of being respectful in class.
- Value the importance of emergency services and how they help people.
- Value the importance of saying the truth without hurting people.
- Value the importance of having friends.