A trial lesson is the first meeting of a student and a teacher.
Every new student of the school has the right for 1 free trial lesson. However, this doesn’t mean, that the studets will attend the lessons of different teachers one by one in order to compare. Most of our students have serious intentions for stydying, so, if the teacher performed well, the student is likely to buy permanent lessons.
All lessons in AllRight.com are tailor-made according to the needs of the students. So we do not provide preliminary testing before the student comes to your lesson.
During the trial lesson the teacher has a chance to get acquainted with the student and to find out his/her level in order to plan the future studies. Use this lesson to show the student and his parents how you get on with children and what you lessons are going to be like.
General recommendations about the trial lessons:
- 📝Before the lesson you should read the information about it in your dashboard. There you can usually find out about the student’s age, interests and experience with English.
- ⚽Include some elements connected to the student’s hobbies in your lessons. For example, if this is a little girl who likes fairies — add some picture of the fairies to your lesson template or show some toys if you can. If the student is a teenager who likes football — discuss his favourite team, ask if he goes in for football and so on.
- 📄Work out some template trial lessons for different age groups and update them for every student specifically. For example, I have a lesson plan for 5-6 year old students with zero English level; a lesson plan about cats for cat-lovers with beginner level and the same lesson about dogs for dog-lovers; a lesson plan about hobbies for teenagers or students with elementary level, etc.
- 😊The student’s comfort is our priority. So you need to pay attention to the child’s reactions during your lessons.
If you see that the student does not understand you, try to explain your thought in some other way, vizualise it (use pictures or gestures) or translate the needed word into Russian (use some online translator in case you don’t speak Russian).
Some parents don’t like it when the teacher uses Russian during the lesosns, some of them do. Anyway it is better to translate and make yourself clear than to allow misunderstanding.
Adjust to the student’s learning style. Some children are slow and need more time to think over the answer, others get bored quickly so you need to change the activities more often.
- ✅If you are not sure about the students level, it is better to plan an easier lesson and then complicate it with some speaking activities if needed.
- 👨🏫After the trial lesson you can give your recommendations about the length and frequency of permanent lessons. Better send this information to the administrators. You can also talk to the parent at the end of your trial lesson (especially if the parent is eager to do it) and ask about any wishes about the learning process.
All the issues about booking future lessons (time, price, etc.) should be done through the administrators and according to your schedule.